A Youth Account is for anyone under the age of 18. Savings accounts for Youth are allowed to be opened by the parent/guardian at any time and checking accounts are allowed to be open with a joint parent account at 16. When the Youth member turns 18, their parent/guardian is then allowed to be removed from their Checking Account.
We know that we can only grow if our community and our members do so first. We want to encourage growth and financial education in our youngest members by giving them an incentive to do well in school and save money in the process.
All members in grades K-12 are eligible to bring in their report cards at the end of each school year to earn money to put in their savings account. Corry FCU will give $1 for every A (or equivalent letter/percentage grade) that the youth member has earned during the school year.
- To be eligible, the youth member must have their own account and the money will be deposited into their "Grow With Us" savings account after a Corry FCU staff member has reviewed their report card.
- All youth savings accounts for members in grades K-12 are eligible, just bring in your first report card for review and ask a teller to put a "Grow With Us" note on the account. They will know what to do from there!
Any questions? Feel free to contact us at 814-663-3263.
Corry FCU is proud to offer ways to finance higher education for our youth members to pursue their dreams beyond high school. We are in partnership with Student Choice and Sallie Mae.
Student Choice - An alternative student loan program that helps fill the funding gaps that federal aid can leave behind. Unlike other student loans, a Student Choice loan through Corry FCU offers lower rates, zero origination fees and more flexible repayment terms. When federal aid is not enough, private loans are available to fill funding gaps.
These loans are in the name of the student but often require a co-signer. They are not guaranteed or subsidized by the government. Instead, they are based on the student's credit and/or the credit of any co-signers they have on the loan.
Want to know more about Student Choice loans? Call 1-866-827-4032 or learn more and apply.
We know the importance of a quality education and want to help students meet the financial needs to further their education. In addition to loans available through Corry FCU, we annually give out scholarships to highly motivated and deserving youth members.
- Who's Eligible: The Corry Federal Credit Union scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors looking to further their education.
- Scholarship Packets: The scholarship packets are made available every January. They can be picked up at any Corry FCU location or the Corry Area High School guidance office. The must be returned to Corry FCU by the due date on the application to be considered.
- Scholarships Awarded: Members of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Association evaluate and rank the submitted scholarship packets and the top students are awarded in May.
- Fundraisers: Throughout the year, our staff holds fundraisers to raise money for our scholarship fund. These fundraisers include 50/50's, rummage sales, raffles, and much more. We greatly appreciate all of our members who participate in our fundraisers to raise money for our college bound seniors. In addition to our fundraisers, Corry FCU itself donates funds for the scholarships.
Print off a Scholarship Application.