In the United States in 2009, 11.1 million people became victims of identity theft, accumulating a total cost of $54 billion. (Fight Identity Theft)
- Verified by VISA – This is a program that helps protect you when using your debit or credit card for online transactions.
- Debit Card Fraud Monitoring – If unusual transactions are occurring on your VISA debit card, you will receive a call from our debit card processing company, Fifth Third Processing Solutions, to verify that these transactions are yours so your card can promptly be blocked in the event of fraud.
- Informed Staff – We keep our staff up to date of current scams so that they are able to help you identify a fraud situation.
- Become Educated – Check out these sites to learn more about financial fraud, scams, and identity theft.
- Keep Personal Information Personal – Do not give out your personal information over the phone or internet to unknown parties.
- Ask Questions – Contact the credit union if you are unsure if you are being scammed.